Building a WordPress Website
VC Web Design will walk you through building a comprehensive WordPress website. This course is for various levels of ability. Beginners are welcome!
You will Leave With:
- A Fully Functioning WordPress Website
- An Informative Guide Booklet
- An Understanding of How to Make Changes to Your Website.
The Main Course Objectives Will Be:
- What is WordPress?
- Installing WordPress
- Your FTP Client/Down loading Filezilla
- Tools: PHP, Admin, CP access
- What is a Theme?
- Selecting a Theme
- Downloading and Installing your Theme
- WordPress General Settings
- Adding, Changing or Modifying your Theme
- Overview of the Control Panel
- Understanding your Settings
- Creating Pages and Posts
- Adding Text and Images
- Adding or Changing Page Names and Order
- What is a Plug-in and a Widget?
- Adding a Contact Form
- Word Press Maintenance
- Intro to Coding
- Updating your DNS
VC Web Design
25 E. Cross St.
Ypsilanti, MI 48198
What You Need Before Arriving for Training:
- Install your FTP Client (we recommend FileZilla)
- Gather content to bring to add to your home page and at least one sub page (this includes text, photos or videos)
- Purchase your domain (we recommend purchasing from GoDaddy.com). Provide VC Web with your domain address prior to the class.
- Select a VC Web Hosting Plan (a week before the class begins).
What to Bring to Class:
- A Laptop Computer (let us know if this is not possible).
- A Browser Downloaded to the computer that you bring (we recommend FireFox or Google Chrome
- A Text Editor Downloaded to the computer that you bring (we recommend Note Pad, or TextEdit)
- Content, such as Text, Logos and Pictures
Note:Get a special discounted price if you purchase one of the following classes before the How to Build a Website Class begins.
- A One hour Private Training Course
- A One hour Selecting a Theme Course
Workshop students are welcome to come to VC Web’s Free WordPress Training
For more information contact us